Genesis Integrative Medicine
Foot Pain Q & A
You are more likely to get plantar fasciitis if you:
- You are an avid runner
- Have extreme foot arches, either flat feet or high arches
- Sudden change in activity level
- Are obese or gain weight suddenly
- Have a tight Achilles tendon
- Often wear shoes with poor arch support or soft soles
At Genesis Integrative Medicine we provide non-surgical conservative intervention treatments which we highly recommend over surgery for the following reasons:
- Minimal risk of adverse effects as compared to surgery
- Rehabilitation/ recovery is generally short and pain-free
- At least 80% of patients experience complete resolution of symptoms (thus not requiring surgical intervention)
The medical professionals at Genesis Integrative Medicine will determine which non-surgical treatment for plantar fasciitis is best for your needs.
It is estimated that shock wave therapy is effective in resolving greater than 70% of cases of chronic plantar fasciitis pain. Most patients have pain relief immediately after EPAT. EPAT has a cumulative effect so repeating the procedure can be beneficial. The full effect of the course of 3 treatments may take up to 6 weeks after the last treatment.
The use of ultrasound for the injection of platelet rich plasma increases the precision of injection and the quality of results while decreasing the chance of complications. PRP injection therapy is generally completed in just one session, but may require additional injections depending upon the clinical circumstances.
Schedule a consultation Today!
The team at Genesis Integrative Medicine is here to help you. Please feel free to call us with any questions.